Do you think something else would replace smartphones in the future?

Post Reply
Gardener
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2026 8:14 pm

Old phones or dumbphones have been replaced by smartphones. Around 20 years ago, no one would have had imagined that we would be using smartphones with great features. Technology has been evolving and many smartphones are also becoming a thing of the past. So, do you think that something else will replace smartphones in the future?
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

Gardener wrote: Sat Jan 10, 2026 10:29 pm Old phones or dumbphones have been replaced by smartphones. Around 20 years ago, no one would have had imagined that we would be using smartphones with great features. Technology has been evolving and many smartphones are also becoming a thing of the past. So, do you think that something else will replace smartphones in the future?
I don't see it happening. I can't even think of anything to replace them.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Gardener
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2026 8:14 pm

Jason wrote: Mon Jan 12, 2026 4:20 am
Gardener wrote: Sat Jan 10, 2026 10:29 pm Old phones or dumbphones have been replaced by smartphones. Around 20 years ago, no one would have had imagined that we would be using smartphones with great features. Technology has been evolving and many smartphones are also becoming a thing of the past. So, do you think that something else will replace smartphones in the future?
I don't see it happening. I can't even think of anything to replace them.
It could be possible that smartphones night be replaced by smart wearable devices that have a completely different interface. These devices may have the ability to display the interface right in front of you just like a projector does. How cool would that be!
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

Gardener wrote: Mon Jan 12, 2026 3:37 pm
Jason wrote: Mon Jan 12, 2026 4:20 am
Gardener wrote: Sat Jan 10, 2026 10:29 pm Old phones or dumbphones have been replaced by smartphones. Around 20 years ago, no one would have had imagined that we would be using smartphones with great features. Technology has been evolving and many smartphones are also becoming a thing of the past. So, do you think that something else will replace smartphones in the future?
I don't see it happening. I can't even think of anything to replace them.
It could be possible that smartphones night be replaced by smart wearable devices that have a completely different interface. These devices may have the ability to display the interface right in front of you just like a projector does. How cool would that be!
Smartphones are enough :mrgreen:
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Maya
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2025 10:02 pm

I don’t tgink so. Because smart phone is not just internet connected device, it is a multi purpose devices. A lot of people use it to create content, I don't think any other devices would replace this purpose.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Like (1)
Jason

1
Like
User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

I was slow to catch on to smartphones and mobiles, in general. I used a home phone during the 2010s and a desktop for internet etc..
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Gardener
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2026 8:14 pm

Maya wrote: Wed Jan 14, 2026 6:58 am I don’t tgink so. Because smart phone is not just internet connected device, it is a multi purpose devices. A lot of people use it to create content, I don't think any other devices would replace this purpose.
I think that smartphones have various purposes and this is what makes smartphone such a valuable device to use. This is is also one of the main reasons why smartphones may not become obsolete. Regardless of that, we must understand that technology us developing rapidly and new devices are being replaced by old ones.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Maya
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2025 10:02 pm

Until now, things you can do with smartphones cannot be done by any devices. It is not just for calling or browsing Internet. It is also for creating content.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

Maya wrote: Fri Jan 16, 2026 10:35 am Until now, things you can do with smartphones cannot be done by any devices. It is not just for calling or browsing Internet. It is also for creating content.
You can also manage blogs and forums with just a mobile, but more complex operations with cPanel etc. require a computer.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Ravenfreak
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 10:10 pm

Funny enough there are still people who prefer to use flip phones in this day and age. There are modern ones that run on Kai OS, so it's somewhat similar to Android but there's only a few applications for Youtube and Facebook. Sort of like back in the day when flip phones could only access mobile versions of the websites. But I don't see anything replacing smartphones in the future.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Post Reply