Page 1 of 1

Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2025 6:51 am
by Jason
Who has tried or thought about trying Create "a" Forum?

https://createaforum.com

It's mobile friendly SMF software and I'm quite impressed so far.

Here is one example forum:

https://chattingtimeforum.createaforum.com/

The owner has it on one of the "ad free" plans so no ads for her or the members.

Re: Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:02 pm
by createaforum
I am bias, but I think we have one of the best free forum software, mainly out of the box with a bunch of features built-in, custom domains, mobile support, gallery since I built SMF Gallery Pro.

I do run other forum hosts such as createmybb for mybb and do own the major forum hosting scripts for phpbb.

SMF I liked the license the best was BSD so was the most free in terms of freedom, and the code was very easy for me to use and adapt.

Re: Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:45 pm
by Jason
createaforum wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:02 pm I am bias, but I think we have one of the best free forum software, mainly out of the box with a bunch of features built-in, custom domains, mobile support, gallery since I built SMF Gallery Pro.

I do run other forum hosts such as createmybb for mybb and do own the major forum hosting scripts for phpbb.

SMF I liked the license the best was BSD so was the most free in terms of freedom, and the code was very easy for me to use and adapt.
I've posted a post about your other forum service:

CreateMyBB: Free Forum Software

What do you mean forum hosting scripts? I'm confused. :?

Re: Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:50 pm
by createaforum
I mean scripts to make a forum hosting service. I run phpbbhs.com and the other one, but stopped new sales since lack of interest/not worth the time..

Re: Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:55 pm
by Jason
createaforum wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:50 pm I mean scripts to make a forum hosting service. I run phpbbhs.com and the other one, but stopped new sales since lack of interest/not worth the time..
That's a shame cause that would be a cool hobby for some and maybe way to make money (but tough I think).

And I know at least one other person who set up free forum service (not scripts to make one). But I think it failed and isn't online. Unfortunately, I forgot the web address even though I had a phpBB forum created there.

Re: Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:03 pm
by createaforum
There is no money in it, unless you go for paid plans, and focus on business. phpbb, smf, mybb and others are not bringing in the new generation. They are on mobile/social media. Reddit has won the forum wars.

Re: Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 10:47 pm
by Jason
createaforum wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:03 pm There is no money in it, unless you go for paid plans, and focus on business. phpbb, smf, mybb and others are not bringing in the new generation. They are on mobile/social media. Reddit has won the forum wars.
It's a numbers game, but now a lot bigger numbers game

Re: Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 7:32 pm
by Ashley
Jason wrote: Tue Oct 21, 2025 6:51 am Who has tried or thought about trying Create "a" Forum?

https://createaforum.com

It's mobile friendly SMF software and I'm quite impressed so far.

Here is one example forum:

https://chattingtimeforum.createaforum.com/

The owner has it on one of the "ad free" plans so no ads for him or the members.
Actually the ad free only lasts for a month but apart from that I'm super happy with this host. Also I'm a she, not a he.

Re: Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 8:52 pm
by Jason
Ashley wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 7:32 pm
Jason wrote: Tue Oct 21, 2025 6:51 am Who has tried or thought about trying Create "a" Forum?

https://createaforum.com

It's mobile friendly SMF software and I'm quite impressed so far.

Here is one example forum:

https://chattingtimeforum.createaforum.com/

The owner has it on one of the "ad free" plans so no ads for him or the members.
Actually the ad free only lasts for a month but apart from that I'm super happy with this host. Also I'm a she, not a he.
OK, sorry. I edited the post.

I wonder what revenue the ads pull for the owner.

Re: Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 10:40 pm
by Ashley
Jason wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 8:52 pm
Ashley wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 7:32 pm
Jason wrote: Tue Oct 21, 2025 6:51 am Who has tried or thought about trying Create "a" Forum?

https://createaforum.com

It's mobile friendly SMF software and I'm quite impressed so far.

Here is one example forum:

https://chattingtimeforum.createaforum.com/

The owner has it on one of the "ad free" plans so no ads for him or the members.
Actually the ad free only lasts for a month but apart from that I'm super happy with this host. Also I'm a she, not a he.
OK, sorry. I edited the post.

I wonder what revenue the ads pull for the owner.
If you’re talking the owner of the host, I have no idea. If I had the money to play with there'd be no ads at all, but that's not in the cards right now unfortunately