Create "a" Forum: Free Forum Software:
https://createaforum.com
It's mobile friendly SMF software and I'm quite impressed so far.
Here is one example forum:
https://chattingtimeforum.createaforum.com/
The owner has it on one of the "ad free" plans so no ads for her or the members.
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
-
createaforum
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:00 pm
I do run other forum hosts such as createmybb for mybb and do own the major forum hosting scripts for phpbb.
SMF I liked the license the best was BSD so was the most free in terms of freedom, and the code was very easy for me to use and adapt.
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
I've posted a post about your other forum service:createaforum wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:02 pm I am bias, but I think we have one of the best free forum software, mainly out of the box with a bunch of features built-in, custom domains, mobile support, gallery since I built SMF Gallery Pro.
I do run other forum hosts such as createmybb for mybb and do own the major forum hosting scripts for phpbb.
SMF I liked the license the best was BSD so was the most free in terms of freedom, and the code was very easy for me to use and adapt.
CreateMyBB: Free Forum Software
What do you mean forum hosting scripts? I'm confused.
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
-
createaforum
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:00 pm
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
That's a shame cause that would be a cool hobby for some and maybe way to make money (but tough I think).createaforum wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:50 pm I mean scripts to make a forum hosting service. I run phpbbhs.com and the other one, but stopped new sales since lack of interest/not worth the time..
And I know at least one other person who set up free forum service (not scripts to make one). But I think it failed and isn't online. Unfortunately, I forgot the web address even though I had a phpBB forum created there.
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
-
createaforum
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 9:00 pm
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
It's a numbers game, but now a lot bigger numbers gamecreateaforum wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:03 pm There is no money in it, unless you go for paid plans, and focus on business. phpbb, smf, mybb and others are not bringing in the new generation. They are on mobile/social media. Reddit has won the forum wars.
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
Actually the ad free only lasts for a month but apart from that I'm super happy with this host. Also I'm a she, not a he.Jason wrote: Tue Oct 21, 2025 6:51 am Who has tried or thought about trying Create "a" Forum?
https://createaforum.com
It's mobile friendly SMF software and I'm quite impressed so far.
Here is one example forum:
https://chattingtimeforum.createaforum.com/
The owner has it on one of the "ad free" plans so no ads for him or the members.
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
OK, sorry. I edited the post.Ashley wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 7:32 pmActually the ad free only lasts for a month but apart from that I'm super happy with this host. Also I'm a she, not a he.Jason wrote: Tue Oct 21, 2025 6:51 am Who has tried or thought about trying Create "a" Forum?
https://createaforum.com
It's mobile friendly SMF software and I'm quite impressed so far.
Here is one example forum:
https://chattingtimeforum.createaforum.com/
The owner has it on one of the "ad free" plans so no ads for him or the members.
I wonder what revenue the ads pull for the owner.
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
If you’re talking the owner of the host, I have no idea. If I had the money to play with there'd be no ads at all, but that's not in the cards right now unfortunatelyJason wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 8:52 pmOK, sorry. I edited the post.Ashley wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 7:32 pmActually the ad free only lasts for a month but apart from that I'm super happy with this host. Also I'm a she, not a he.Jason wrote: Tue Oct 21, 2025 6:51 am Who has tried or thought about trying Create "a" Forum?
https://createaforum.com
It's mobile friendly SMF software and I'm quite impressed so far.
Here is one example forum:
https://chattingtimeforum.createaforum.com/
The owner has it on one of the "ad free" plans so no ads for him or the members.
I wonder what revenue the ads pull for the owner.
POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY
