Are you passionate about running forums?

Post Reply
Gardener
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2026 8:14 pm

Many people love to run forums. They live to engage with other people because running forums can help you interact with many people in many different ways. I am also quite passionate about running g a forum as well. However, I have never created one. So, what makes you so passionate about running forums?
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

Gardener wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 1:48 pm Many people love to run forums. They live to engage with other people because running forums can help you interact with many people in many different ways. I am also quite passionate about running g a forum as well. However, I have never created one. So, what makes you so passionate about running forums?
I'm highly interested in the subject matter, generally speaking.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Gardener
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2026 8:14 pm

Jason wrote: Mon Jan 12, 2026 4:18 am
Gardener wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 1:48 pm Many people love to run forums. They live to engage with other people because running forums can help you interact with many people in many different ways. I am also quite passionate about running g a forum as well. However, I have never created one. So, what makes you so passionate about running forums?
I'm highly interested in the subject matter, generally speaking.
Indeed, there are so many people who are interested in creating and running forums. Creating and running forums can be a really great activity. You tend to engage with different people belonging to different parts of the world. Forums can make you feel less lonely! You chat with various people.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
bharath
Site Admin
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2025 4:07 am

I’m not very passionate about running it at a large scale, and we don’t get much time to manage everything as it grows. On the other hand, we also need to reward members who participate daily in the forum.

That’s why growth becomes challenging in the middle stage. It’s not as simple as running a blog where you can just write content yourself; a forum depends on active community participation.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Ravenfreak
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 10:10 pm

I think forums are the most organized way of having a community. I love that I can come back to a thread later on and post my thoughts too, something you can't do on a chat client since things move way too fast. Also I think research communities do better on forums since the threads are easy to find, things don't get buried like they do on chat clients.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

I'm passionate to varying degrees. It all depends on motivation, as with anything.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

cpvr
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2025 5:03 am

I am highly passionate about running forums and have been running forums for over 20 years now. I don't know where I'd be today if it wasn't for forums, tbh.

I love everything about forums, from building online communities, connecting with others, and the overall atmospheres of them compared to social media. There's something about forums that keeps me coming back for more. I truly believe that I'll be running forums for many, many, more years.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

cpvr wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2026 6:25 am There's something about forums that keeps me coming back for more.
What might it be?
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

cpvr
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2025 5:03 am

Jason wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2026 10:03 pm
cpvr wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2026 6:25 am There's something about forums that keeps me coming back for more.
What might it be?
My passion and love for forums.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Post Reply