Who can fix computers?

User avatar
The Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

Where did you learn? How long have you done it? What are some obstacles that you have faced?
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

meetdilip
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2025 5:34 am

Self taught! I had to repair my PC and took help from friends who explained things so that I can do the next time. It got stacked up and I learned enough to meet my needs. After around 20 years+ using computer, I think it is an ordinary thing.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Worker (1)
The Jason

1
Worker
User avatar
The Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

Studied to get a certificate in fixing computers, but my friend backed out of a deal where he was going to do the actual fixing.

Note: I've never been able to work on computer hardware. I only studied it to legitimize a computer biz my friend wanted.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

meetdilip
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2025 5:34 am

I not great either. Since I am working mostly on my hardware, I experiment less. Which makes me a weak professional. The more you break, the more you learn ;)
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
The Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

meetdilip wrote: Thu Jul 31, 2025 8:34 am I not great either. Since I am working mostly on my hardware, I experiment less. Which makes me a weak professional. The more you break, the more you learn ;)
I was just studying book stuff. I haven't tried to work on hardware ever.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

meetdilip
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2025 5:34 am

What kind of PC do you have? Desktops are easier to learn.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
The Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

meetdilip wrote: Sat Aug 02, 2025 8:05 pm What kind of PC do you have? Desktops are easier to learn.
HP ProBook (a laptop) but back when I was learning I had an emachines and also HP Pavilion (both desktops).
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

meetdilip
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2025 5:34 am

Nice. It is hard to learn using laptops. There are many YouTube videos though.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
The Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

meetdilip wrote: Mon Aug 04, 2025 9:25 am Nice. It is hard to learn using laptops. There are many YouTube videos though.
It seems like laptops would be more numerous, so more jobs for that.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

meetdilip
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2025 5:34 am

Agree. But it can break easily as well. Each model has a separate technique.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Suprise (1)
The Jason

1
Suprise
Post Reply