Who can fix computers?

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

meetdilip wrote: Wed Aug 06, 2025 2:50 pm Agree. But it can break easily as well. Each model has a separate technique.
Good point; hadn't thought of that.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

meetdilip
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2025 5:34 am

Trying things on an expensive laptop, bad idea :)
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

LOL (1)
Jason

1
LOL
1stop
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2025 5:47 am

I only know the basics, like swapping out RAM or replacing a hard drive. Anything deeper than that and I’m lost lol. I admire people who can build or repair PCs from scratch, but takes patience and a lot of trial and error.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

1stop wrote: Mon Sep 29, 2025 2:57 am I only know the basics, like swapping out RAM or replacing a hard drive. Anything deeper than that and I’m lost lol. I admire people who can build or repair PCs from scratch, but takes patience and a lot of trial and error.
I have zero interest in learning. Knowing some auto repair for survival is enough.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Asa
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2025 3:36 pm

I've been learning it bit by bit since I was a child. But most of the time, I only change my SSD or RAM every few years.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Heatman
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2025 7:57 am

Most of the time, I prefer taking my computer to the tech guys to fix any problems. It's only software issues I would try to fix on my own but if I can't, the tech guys handles it too.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 10:13 am

Heatman wrote: Sun Oct 19, 2025 8:04 am Most of the time, I prefer taking my computer to the tech guys to fix any problems. It's only software issues I would try to fix on my own but if I can't, the tech guys handles it too.
Yeah, I can also fix some software issues on my own.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Gardener
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2026 8:14 pm

You can learn how to fix a computer by pursuing a course. Majority of the guys who fix laptops and co.puters in my city have either pursued courses or they have learned it from a professional.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Post Reply